Friday, January 19, 2007

What a Difference A Day Makes




Today was a pretty good day. Teaching went extremely well. My meeting with my prof went well...it was extremely uneventful. It went something like this:

I walk in. He closes the door and I say, "Thanks for all of your concern and for wanting to meet with me". My strategy was to make sure that I set the tone for the meeting and that concern was what the meeting was about. He asked me what had been going on and I told him I was highly anxious because of teaching and that I had a couple of rough days with panic attacks. I explained I took a day off to get myself together and to have a plan for how to deal with it. I also explained that I had taught this morning and it went really well. I told him it would probably just take some time for me to get used to teaching. He simply said it sounded like I had it under control and to let him know if there is anything he could do.

Phew.

Then family therapy went very well and I went home so happy that I put in a FULL DAY (9-6:30) for the first time in 3 weeks. And it was a good day! And wouldn't you know that when I walk in the door there is a note from the apartment office sitting on my counter. My lease will be up the beginning of March. My options are to renew for $35 more a month for a year or $25 more a month for 18 months, or $20 more a month for 24 months. I don't want to pay that much for this old apartment. And plus Matt and I had wanted to move in together in August (when his lease was up). For the past couple of years these apartments that I've lived in have offered an option of a 3-month and 6-month lease. Now they're not. But I can live month to month for $50 more a month than I'm paying now plus a monthly $100.00 fee. That's crap. So I called Matt. He's willing to move out now. Great, right? One last problem....I have a roommate. When she moved in we had talked about living here for a year. Well, now that can't happen unless: a) we pay out the ass each month or b) we live here another full year which will just put us in the same boat again next year and means I can't move in with Matt for a while. I'll feel better when I can talk to her and see what she wants to do.

But I also am not sure looking for a place and packing up and moving is going to ease my stress level any. Grrrrrrrrrrrrrrr.

Oh well, horray for progress anyway!

1 comment:

Leila V. said...

Cheers to that! Sounds like you're on the same emotional roller coaster as me.

If I were you, I'd burn the roomate and get out. Wait, that sounded a little harsh, but really, you have to worry about you. I know first hand that it's important to have a support system in the house.